Denis M. McCarthy, M.D.
Recruited for his expertise in cytopathology and uropathology, Dr. Denis McCarthy joined Pathology Consultants in 2004 to practice anatomic and clinical pathology.
Dr. McCarthy is currently the Pathology Department Chair for Sacred Heart Medical Center, RiverBend Hospital, Medical Director of PeaceHealth Laboratories Portland Division, and Director of Immunohistochemistry for Pathology Consultants.
In addition, Dr. McCarthy continues to direct patient care by offering fine needle aspirations for hospital and office-based patients.
Education & Training
- Fellowship in Cytopathology, Oregon Health and Sciences University, 2004
- Residency in anatomic and clinical pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 2003
- Medical degree, Oregon Health and Sciences University, 1999
- Undergraduate degree, Evergreen State College, 1993
- Cytopathology, American Board of Pathologists, 2004
An outdoor enthusiast who enjoys biking, snowboarding and traveling with his family, Denis and his wife have two children and a dog, Otto.