Debra A. Groom, M.D.
Dr. Debra Groom moved to from Alaska to Coos Bay, Ore. in 2005 to join Pathology Consultants in the practice of anatomic and clinical pathology. Currently a staff pathologist at Bay Area Hospital in Coos Bay, Dr. Groom also serves as the Laboratory Medical Director at Lower Umpqua Hospital in Reedsport. Her special interests include hematopathology, microbiology and breast pathology.
Education & Training
- Fellowship in surgical pathology at Stanford Medical Center, 1991
- Residency in anatomic and clinical pathology at LAC-USC Medical Center, 1986-1990
- Internship in internal medicine at Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena, CA, 1984
- Medical degree, University of Southern California School of Medicine, 1983
- B.A. degree in microbiology, California State University at Los Angeles, 1978
Debi enjoys gardening, traveling, hiking, sea kayaking, cooking gourmet meals, and sipping on fine wine. She is a member of Zonta International, an organization of executives and professionals working together to advance the status of women worldwide through service and advocacy. She’s married to Joe and has two cats, Boris and Yum-Yum.